Friday, July 2, 2010

Galatians 2:1-14

What do you think of the conflict between Paul and Peter? What does it say about disagreements between denominations today?

2 comments:

  1. I think Paul had learned that faith was the most important, not blindly following laws. Laws or customs can be ok but, it is important to know why you are doing them. I think the conflicts between denominations can be essential in our growth. Every denominations have customs or rules they have always done just because that is the way they have always done it. These disagreement should help us refine our beliefs not be dividing forces. I think it is very much like our group of coaches we have disagreements and use them to refine our thinking, we don't get angry and mad at someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today at my church we were asked to define what freedom means. Then we looked at Romans 8:1-17 where Paul talks about being set free from "the law of sin and death". Instead, because of Jesus, we live "by the law of the Spirit of life". It struck me how controversial that must have been in the days of the early church. The Jews had SO MANY laws and rules to live by but lost site of what relationship with God was all about. I pray for our churches that we appreciate the freedom we have to worship in our nation but also the freedom from the law of sin.
    The different customs that churches today have can be customs that unite the local congregation by enhancing fellowship, pastoral are, education, etc., but some customs can keep others out. I pray that our churches constantly seek to live through the Spirit and seek His will in all things.

    ReplyDelete