v 11
"I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up."
Only God could invent such a wonderful and mysterious path to His kingdom. Knowing that none of us would ever be able to keep the Law perfectly, he overrode the Law and paid for our shortcomings. His sacrifice was great on more levels than we can ever fully understand. So when someone says that there are other ways to heaven, does that mean that Jesus didn't really have to die? In the garden, Jesus pleaded with God to spare him from what he was about to suffer if there was any other way. Of course he knew there wasn't so he willingly gave in to the plan.
Do you know anybody who is confused about what the gospel means? What do you do in that case?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know I sometimes get angry at people like that. It is so upsetting to know where they are going if they don't change their thinking. But, that is between them and God. I need to do to what God has called me to do, Love them. I think we have to stay positive about them and continually pray for them.
ReplyDeleteI was born confused, I guess. I have been arrogant in thinking that I knew, until I experienced His mercy on my own. I still don't know that we can ever fully understand how the transaction took place, but it is such good news to know that all God asks is that I believe in His son. I maintain that God tells me to be prayerful. Have my own faith. In that, I can lead others to Him (not me).
ReplyDelete